Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday James

My sweet James turned 30 today!! He has been so funny about not wanting anyone at work to know it his birthday. So...... I didn't tell them but my actions did!! I decorated James car while he was working. I filled it completely with balloons and wrote on the outside. The back said "Honk to Wish Me a Happy 30th B-Day"
Porter was really patient with me, he feed himself a bottle while I ran around like a crazy person trying to get the car decorated.
After I had finished and found my spying spot in the parking lot, I received a phone call from James asking me if I had called his work and told them it was his Birthday. I answered honestly and said "no". (while I was decorating, his co worker saw me and saw what I was doing, so he went up to James and said Happy Birthday). I then asked James if he was coming home for lunch which would mean he would have to come out and see his car. He said no, so then I told him to just come out back and see me because I had a surprise for lunch for him. He said ok and then I got the camera out. He wasn't the first one around the corner, it was two other co workers.
Then James came around and he was shocked and surprised. It was a lot of fun to watch!!

I gave him cupcakes I had made and he took them into work to share. Everyone at his work takes their Birthdays off, but because they had no idea when James was they told him to take the rest of the day off. So we went and had a picnic lunch at first dam. It was a lot of fun! Later we had t-bone steaks and cake and ice cream and presents.
James blowing out his candles
Porter wishing his daddy a Happy Birthday
YEA!! HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY JAMES
I love you

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Did lots of people honk at James in his car? Haha it looks great! Good work Shay :)